Chandelier up-do

This is one of those projects that I don’t think of as something someone would be interested in until people come to my house and comment on it. So I’m sorry to say that I don’t have a step by step process with images for this one. I do however have extra material and an extra shade so I could recreate one if you would like to know the in between steps.

My Chandelier had been driving me crazy for quite some time now. I knew I wanted different shades of some kind then I remembered I had half a yard of grey burlap in bag somewhere that I purchased from Hobby Lobby for a different project. Now to figure out how I will attach it. I first considered using a spray adhesive but its cold and rainy outside and the boys will be around me and need supervision. Oh and did I mention, I’m very impatient. Once I get an idea for a project I become very driven and will figure out how to get it done so I went with hot glue.

It was very simple and pretty quick. I cut down the fabric for each shade, making sure that the size was larger than the shade and would wrap around nicely without to much excess. Then I glued and wrapped until the material was secure and folded the last edge in so that there would be a nice straight seem. Then I glued and folded the remaining fabric on the top and bottom of each shade. So here you have it, my new looking chandelier made with stuff I already have and a photo bomb by my youngest.

DSC_0338DSC_0340

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s